Preventing osteoporosis starts young. Check out these 5 quick tips on prevention in children and adolescent from the International Osteoporosis Foundation.
- Create a nutritious diet with plenty of calcium
- Include plenty of protein in their diet
- Supplement their diet with vitamin D
- Have them participate in regular physical activities
- Help them avoid second-hand smoke
These easy tips can help create the bone mass growth during these fundamental physical years that can greatly reduce risks of bone fractures and disease in their adult life.