Knee replacement surgery is common in adults. It can provide dramatic pain relief for people who suffer from osteoarthritis or damaged knee joints. It’s important to prepare your home to make it a comfortable and safe environment for when you are discharged from surgery.
- Get a comfortable chair that has a footstool to rest your leg.
- OrthoInfo suggests removing any rugs that could cause you to slip.
- Make sure there are no electrical cords laying around.
- Rearrange furniture if necessary. It’s important that you are easily able to get around your house with crutches, a walker or a cane.
- Install a gripping bar in your bathroom.
After your surgery, be sure to stay active. Talk to your doctor about when you can resume normal activities.