With the school year quickly approaching, it is important to make sure your kids have tennis shoes that properly fit. Wearing an athletic shoe that fits properly can ultimately prevent injuries.
According to OrthoInfo, a lot of pressure is placed on the feet, ankles and legs while playing sports. There are many different types of athletics shoes, such as cleats, hiking shoes and running shoes.
- When trying on athletic shoes, be sure to wear the same type of sock you plan on wearing with the shoe everyday.
- Make sure there’s a least ½ inch between the tip of your shoe and your longest toe.
- Walk around the store to make sure the shoe is comfortable.
- Always make sure the laces are tight.
- Try on shoes at the end of the day because your feet swell throughout the day.